Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Live Canon

I'm very happy to have been shortlisted for the Live Canon Poetry Prize with my poem 'Domestic Gods'. I wrote this poem a few years ago and never did anything with it after getting some uncomprehending looks at the one slam I ever entered. Maybe the slam was a mistake, but it just goes to show you should never give up on a poem.

The Live Canon team are producing not only an anthology of the shortlisted work, but also a performance of the poems by their own actors. I'm going to have to miss this, unfortunately, due to family commitments, but I'd certainly encourage anyone within easy reach of the Greenwich area to go along and check it out on Sunday 21 October at 3 p.m. Full details of the shortlist and of how to get free tickets are here. After the performance, judge Antony Dunn will tear the golden envelope and announce the lucky winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment