Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Buzzwords Competition

Buzzwords -- a unique monthly combination of poetry reading, workshop and open mic, run by Angela France in Cheltenham -- has just launched its second annual competition. Last year's entries were of a very high standard, including those that were shortlisted for the separate Gloucestershire prize. This is a competition well worth entering, judged this year by Ann Drysdale. Even if you are not a lucky winner, you will have the warm glow of having supported the future of a really great poetry event.

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    What a fine man you are! Thanks a) for buying the book & b) for posting such a resounding endorsement of it. Poetry (as I keep saying) can sometimes feel like a rather complicated way of being ignored, so to know that not only are there readers out there, but such thoughtful & generous readers is... well ... more than we expected. I'm reading @ the Ledbury Festival on Sat 30th June @ 11.00 AM - so if you can make it, do come up & say Hello. I'm afraid I'm not all Twittered & Facebooked up, but if you send me yr email address I'll add yr name to my small but discerning poetry address book for updates about new poems, publications & readings etc (That isn't supposed to sound like a threat, by the way.) Thanks again & v. best wishes, Clive clive.allen@cnxnotts.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clive! I had noticed your reading on the Ledbury programme, but sadly have to be elsewhere doing something much less interesting that day. I'll certainly let you have my details to find out about future, though.

    ReplyDelete